UK is undoubtedly one of the prominent global hubs when it comes to software innovations and IT consulting. Many established companies in this space from the UK are dominating on the global landscape. Also, with the abundance of young talent and an entrepreneurial push by the government with a conducive business environment resulted in many technology start-ups in the country.
These start-ups were struggling initially, and many of them had to take guaranteed payday loans with no credit check from direct lenders to infuse the initial capital. However, as they grew over time, many VC/PE investors realized their potential and started to pump money by funding these companies. This gave an impetus to these start-up companies, and they began to expand in different countries.
Many companies and customers in the world today are using products and solutions designed by these UK start-ups who are still in the nascent stage. Be it in biotechnology space or financial services. These start-ups are proving their mettle in every sector.
In this blog, we will look at some of these innovative tech companies from the UK and understand what and how they are doing differently.
- Blue Wolf: They are a global player in the Salesforce consulting with presence in the UK and the US. Blue Wolf started operations at the turn of the century in the year 2000 with just 3 employees. They are now 1200+ in employees’ strengths and cater to customers which are predominantly large enterprises and medium scale businesses.
Their clientele list is long, and some of the famous names are Lenovo, American Red Cross, Nuance, and Stanley Black & Decker. They offer expert services mainly in the domains of CRM consulting, cloud management, system information, and IT infrastructure. One amazing accolade they received is Salesforce Partner Innovation Award for three consecutive years from 2015 to 2017.
- BJSS: BJSS is a relatively old company as it was started in 1993 by a small team of software experts. It has grown at an unprecedented pace over the last 27 years. It has now a team of 1500+ dedicated professionals with a presence in 12 countries including the UK, USA, Canada, and Europe. Their headquarters is in Leeds with many regional offices across the UK in London, Manchester, and Bristol. Their forte is IT strategy consulting, application testing, agile transformation, software development, cloud services, AI-based solutions.
They have a huge client base, and some of the prominent names from that list are Barclays, BBC, Xerox, and Euroclear, etc. They have successfully worked on automating systems of online grocery stores and designing e-commerce portals for them. BJSS has received awards like Best in Business Awards in 2014, The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2018.
- Virtusa Polaris: One of the most diverse and renowned IT consulting organizations in the world, Virtusa Polaris has been in the business since 1993. They provide a plethora of services to their clients in the domains of web development, data and analytics, user interface design, intelligent automation, and cloud-based solutions using AI, Blockchain, Machine Learning etc.
They have a full-time team of 3000 professionals with offices in the UK, US, India, Germany, Austria, etc. Virtusa has tied up with many FinTech and Insurance technology companies for partnership and some of the big names in their clientele are JP Morgan, AIG, Pegasystems, etc. They have received many accolades like the Most Innovative Technology Company of the Year in 2017 and Pega Partner Award.
- Silicon Reef: A start-up company founded in 2016, Silicon Reef is known to be a Microsoft Office 365 solutions organization. They have offices in Bournemouth, Chester, and London in the UK and provides enabled innovative solutions, application development, and testing, software consultancy, modern technology reliant solutions, cybersecurity based services, etc. They have customers from almost every industry with some of them being Unilever and Mondelez in FMCG, British Petroleum in the hydrocarbon sector, and Santenin pharmaceutical space.
- Texas port Ltd.: They are more of a technology supporter than a provider based out of Edinburgh. It was started in 2012 offering IT support services, network troubleshooting, cybersecurity, IT consulting, and web development. They have a small team of 10-15 employees but have enough experience of working in projects for diverse industries like telecommunications, IT, and ITES. They have multiple certifications like ISO 9001, 27001, Cyber Essentials, IASME Gold further justifying their credibility.
- Beyond Analysis: They started doing business in 2007 and have some really big names in their clientele like Visa, PwC, and McDonald’s to name a few. They provide intelligent insights to these companies based on the raw data received from them and crunching it to extract meaningful information. They leverage big data analytics, data visualization, and business intelligence tools along with market research and offering modern technology like AI; Blockchain enabled solutions.