Installation And Maintenance Of HVAC: Here Is A Guide For You
Choose the Appropriate HVAC Contractor
HVAC is a complicated system – not everyone understands. Now the innovation that’s being introduced in the HVAC system is only possible for a certified contractor to deal with the technology. As its expensive, consumers are also concerned while choosing a commercial HVAC service contractor.
A consumer has the right to ask all the questions from HVAC expert related before starting a project. At this juncture, it’s difficult to imagine exceptional ambient heating radiant and cooling system, vis a vis with boilers and furnaces heckling and air pumping systems enforcing air through ductwork and vents, turning on and off. The regulation of hot or cold-water temperature through reliable polyurethane piping, beautiful slate, marble, tile, and wood flooring underneath the concept not completely appreciated until first-hand experience.
There is commercial air-conditioning inside the office tower that features energy-efficient cooling and heating systems using the floor to provide and monitor the temperature, instead of vents blowing air – maintaining contented ambiance for the room. The contractors know the aesthetics of electric, hydronic, and floor systems. After looking at the building size, experts will you which one is energy-efficient for cooling and heating. A thermostat of HVAC is regulated with a PC, smartphone, or automation system.
What qualities are needed in the HVAC Contractor?
A contractor needs to have all the certifications to install the HVAC radiant system. Additionally, the professionals must have experience of installation with a variety of commercial and residential premises. There are two ways to install radiant systems, called dry and wet installation. It can accommodate small to large flooring applications.
- The experts must be expert in radiant floor cooling and heating systems.
- They must know all the aspects of proper installation – from the installation of the HVAC system in the floor to specific technicalities applied for flooring practice during installation.
- They must have a costing analysis for the client. Moreover, the energy-efficiency calculation is required by the client to choose the best system for the building.
- They must have the experience of installation and labor costs of sub-floor reliability in a dry suspended system, floor panel tracking, or concrete embedded with the sub-floor model.
You contractor needs to have complete material, operational, and installation cost. The energy efficiency and compliance standards are also a significant factor followed during the installation process. Cost-effectiveness is usually a matter of concern for the clients. All details are provided by the HVAC contractor of the project.
Maintenance of Commercial HVAC System
As you have installed the HVAC system, it demands maintenance. In all the commercial buildings, you will find either the internal HVAC maintenance department or outsourced HVAC maintenance. Undoubtedly, it’s an expensive cooling and heating system – everyone cannot afford it. So, make sure it runs perfectly. If the HVAC system break downs, it can cause you heavy damage on the budget, especially the commercial HVAC system.
In addition, the system is not easier to repair. It can cause the tenant to go savage on the building owner or management. That’s why it’s highly preferred to give priority to HVAC maintenance – zero compromise on it. Below is the insight for the readers when maintaining a commercial HVAC system.
- Replace the Filters – The filters used in the HVAC system are replaced after every six-month depending on the usage and how much dirty it gets. Hence, you have to check the filter every week that are placed in front of the vents.
- Clean Condenser Coils or Evaporator – in a year or two, these coils are replaced to avoid the growth of mold. If mold is strengthened, it can spread around the building. It means the problem can be bigger than you may imagine. If you do regularly, it will maintain the energy-efficiency in the HVAC system. You will notice the amount of electricity bill.
- Clean and Regulate Dampers – in a year, dampers are cleaned to keep the compressor running perfectly in cold climates. If you don’t clean dampers, it will stick and reduce cooling capacity and overload the cooling coil. It’s a commonly faced problem in the HVAC system.
- Clean the Duct – it requires labor and expensive process. However, it ensures the air quality remains pure, and people inside the building will not ail. It will not allow mold to grow. After every two years, you’re required to clean the air duct. It requires a proper amount of time, as it’s a lengthy process.
These are significant components of the commercial HVAC system considered after the installation. Make sure all the equipment installed in maintenance are genuine. If you install after-market products, it will not last long, and efficiency will diminish. It may also cost you heavily if the HVAC system gets damaged, and electricity bills per month may hike.